Welcome to “Can Do” Street Family Friendly Cruises, your website portal for planning and enjoying luxury vacations at sea. Our site content can help you decide whether a cruise vacation is a fit for you. Current information on individual cruises, destinations and accommodations will take the guess work out of choosing a cruise.
“Can Do” Street Family Friendly Cruises is my way of sharing the travel ease, fun, and affordability of cruise vacations. To make this possible, I became a Cruise Planners Franchisee. Cruise Planners is an American Express Travel Representative. When planning a cruise, I draw on my personal cruise experiences and 35 years as an educator and recreation therapist.
Cruising is my favorite means of travel. Over the past 25 years, I’ve taken 40+ cruises, including transatlantic and river cruises. As a result, I can share what makes cruises ideal for young children and teens, as well as solo cruisers, couples, and seniors. Because I am Certified Accessible Travel Advocate, I can help children and adults with special needs to cruise in comfort.
Together we will find cruises that meet your destination interests and travel needs, while staying within your budget. I provide planning assistance at no cost.
Why a “Can Do” Street Cruises Site?
“Can Do” Street is a family site and cruises are great environments for family-friendly vacations. Cruises give individuals and families access to luxury vacations that are convenient, comfortable, exciting, and fun. Cruises pamper by providing fine dining and excellent service. Most activities are complementary, beginning early in the AM, and going late into the evening. Professional entertainment, which is offered nightly, is Broadway quality. In addition, live music is provided throughout the ship, during the day and evening.
Cruise ships anticipate the needs of families traveling with children as a standard practice. High chairs and cribs are available. The ship’s store carries diapers and other child care necessities. Dining rooms have a supply of coloring materials on hand. Children can order from a kids menu. Most staterooms have a refrigerator that can store baby bottles as well as healthy snacks.
Today’s cruises open the world of cruise travel for children and adults with special needs. In addition to accessible cabin accommodations, there are hearing and sight assistance devices on-board. Wheelchair, scooter, and walker rentals enable children and adults with motor disabilities to get around the ship and in ports. Oxygen, hospital beds, recliner chairs, and other special needs rentals make travel possible for those with medical conditions. As a Certified Accessible Travel Advocate, I can assist with planning and making arrangements for the rental of equipment. My service is offered at no charge to the those booking a cruise through “Can Do” Street Family Friendly Cruises.
What Makes Cruises Luxury Vacations at Sea?
- Cruising is a cost-effective vacation: A cruise is often more cost-effective than a land resort vacation. Most cruise costs are included in the per person rate for the cruise.
- Packing/Unpacking: You pack and unpack once. Your luggage is picked up from you at the ship terminal. It is delivered to your stateroom. Luggage is picked up from outside your stateroom on the last evening of your cruise. You pick up your luggage in the terminal after leaving the ship.
- Sea activities: All activities during the day and in the evening are free, throughout the trip, with the exception of the game arcade, casino, and spa services.
- Youth programs: Most cruise ships offer complimentary youth programs during the day and evening hours. Children are grouped by age. Staff are professionals experienced in providing recreational activities and supervising children and teens.
- Family activities: There are complimentary activities that families can enjoy together, throughout the day, and evening.
- Laundry: Cruise ships either have self-service laundries on most floors, or they offer discounts for laundry services.
- Medical Care: Cruise ships have on board medical services. Medical services are covered by the cruise insurance plan purchased when you book your cruise.
Complimentary Dining on Cruises:
- Meals Traditional dining rooms with waiter service offer complimentary dining. Buffet dining is also complimentary, as are eateries featuring pub foods or desserts. They also offer specialty restaurants which carry a charge. However, most of charges are less than similar restaurants in any city.
- Snacks: Burgers, fries and hot dogs are available on the pool decks at no additional cost. Unlimited coffee, tea, juices, milk, and soft serve ice cream are also free throughout the trip. Soda and alcoholic beverages cost less if purchased through a beverage package.
Find What You Need to Know about Cruises:
- The major cruise ships sailing from ports world-wide to destinations all over the world and river cruises
- New ships coming on line
- Weekly cruise value packages that are an affordable vacation for families
- Value packages allowing kids to sail free or at a reduced rate
- Group rates with additional amenities for family members and friends sailing together
- Information about youth programs, meals, laundry, priority boarding, insurance, medical care, accessibility, and other special needs accommodations on shipboard, and in ports
- On-board cruise life, and ports of call
- Ships with accessible, on-board accommodations, and activities for children and adults with special needs
- Destinations with accessible ports and excursions.
In my next post, I will share the pros and cons of stateroom accommodations available on a cruise. In the meantime, if you are thinking about a cruise vacation and have questions, you can reach me at 800-388-8781.
Thanks for visiting!