Cruise for Your Charity (CFYC) combines Lifestyle with Charitable Giving™. CFYC is a boutique cruise travel business in its second year of operation.
Our Cruise Lifestyle Charitable Giving Program helps nonprofit organizations optimize charitable giving among donors who enjoy cruising. We make a donation of $50 to $1,300+ to a donor’s charity when the donor completes a cruise booked through us. Depending upon the charity’s charter or by-laws, the donor may receive a tribute letter or a tax deductible donation receipt. There is one donation per stateroom. CFYC mails donations one month after donors complete their cruises. This program is a year-round offering.
Factors that Determine the Amount of a Donation
We base the donation amount upon the price of the cruise, the cruise line, and the stateroom selected by the cruiser. Determining the amount has 3 factors. The first factor is the cruise. CFYC offers three types of cruises:
- A Standard Cruise is the advertised published fare offered by a cruise line. All cruise lines have certain common characteristics. They offer convenience, service, efficiency, comfort, entertainment, restaurants, and a variety of destinations for one fare.
- Custom Designed Cruise Packages are for cruisers who want amenities that will enhance their individual cruise experience. Designing a custom cruise package is a two-step process. Initially, the cruiser will fill out a questionnaire on his or her interests and needs. Then, I will call to review the questionnaire. We will have the necessary follow-up conversations to develop a customized cruise package. The questionnaire is on cruiseforyourcharity.com.
- Accompanied Cruises combine the features of custom-designed cruise packages with the financial and social benefits of a group package. In addition, I’m on each of the accompanied cruises as the “go to” person for questions and help on-board. Accompanied Cruises are on cruise ships that cater to solo travelers, singles, and couples. They give cruisers the opportunity to cruise their way. In addition, cruisers, especially solo travelers and singles, have companionship at meals and recreational activities.
The second factor includes the cruise line selected, the stateroom, the length of the cruise, and the time of the year. Also considered are the destinations, amenities and destination excursions. The third factor is the number of booked staterooms. All cruise packages include taxes, port charges, fees and trip insurance.
We can develop value packages with most cruise lines. Cruise ships can vary in size from small, luxury ships to mega ships that offer something for every age group.
Who Can Take Part in the CFYC Cruise Lifestyle Charitable Giving Program?
- Individuals who are U. S residents and wish to donate to their favorite charity can cruise anywhere in the world through CFYC. Cruisers can assign their donations to their favorite charities at the time they book their cruises. To qualify for a donation, a charity must be a nonsectarian and nonpolitical 501(C) 3 organization.
- Charities with donors that have a cruise lifestyle, and are nonsectarian and nonpolitical 501(C)3 organizations, may qualify for partnering with us.
Donations come from our advertising budget. Our business decision is to donate to charities through their donors who cruise rather than conduct advertising campaigns.
If you have questions about the CFYC Cruise Lifestyle Charitable Giving Program, please call me at 212-710-2662. To book a cruise, please begin by filling out the Cruise Questionnaire on the Cruise for Your Charity website at www.cruiseforyourcharity.com.
Thanks for visiting!